How to Play iPod Videos on TV?
If you have downloaded or purchased some wonderful videos and movies on your Apple iPod, you don't have confined them to the small iPod screen. Then, a thought came to you: is there any way possible to play iPod on TV? The answer is yes. If you are at home and wish to watch iPod movies on the big-screen television, you can buy an audio video cable and use it to connect your iPod to the television. Then, the iPod videos can be streamed to your television. Below are the detailed steps.
By the way, watching iPod movies through computer also is a good ideal. For this topic, here is a special guide showing you how to move videos from iPod to PC for full enjoyment. The tool you need is iPod to Computer Transfer or iPod to Mac Transfer, which is specially designed for Windows or Mac users.
Instruction for Playing iPod on TV without Apple TV
To make your iPod connected properly to your television, you should have these items on hand:
An audio and video cable, a video-capable iPod.
Step 1: Connect Your iPod to the Television
You can purchase the A/V cable at most electronics stores or online shops. Make sure the references of the cable are right for your iPod. Use this A/V cable to plug your connect you iPod to the TV. Follow the below instructions:
1. Insert the cable into the video port of your television. Check the color of the ports carefully to make sure the connection is correctly.
- Plug the red RCA plug into your TV's yellow RCA jack.
- Plug the yellow RCA plug into your TV's white RCA jack.
- Plug the white RCA plug into your TV's red RCA jack.
2. Insert the other end of the cable into your iPod.
Step 2: Set Your iPod and Television
Click the option of "TV Shows" and select the one or ones you want to transfer to your PC for backup. Just make them checked.
1. Turn on both of your television and iPod. Go the main menu of your iPod and click on the "Videos" icon. Choose the "Video Settings" option and tap "TV On" which is under "Play Video".
2. Set your TV to the proper video input mode.
Step 3: Start to Play iPod Videos on TV
Go back to the Video menu on your iPod and choose a video file to play on TV.
You can fully enjoy the feeling of playing iPod videos on the big TV screen right now.