How to Upload Pictures/Videos from Canon PowerShot to Mac?
The PowerShot products are a line of grade digital cameras that launched by Canon, which is a big success for Canon and is becoming the best-selling digital camera in the world. Some PowerShot models, such as PowerShot A620, provide the ability for users to download images and videos you took with this camera to a computer so as to use and share the files more convenient. In this article, we focus on how to upload videos from Canon PowerShot to Mac and how to transfer pictures from Canon PowerShot to Mac.
Suggested reading: If you want to transfer videos and photos from iPad, iPhone or iPod to Mac computer, we have a professional tool like iPubsoft iPad/iPhone/iPod to Mac Transfer to give you strong help. With it, you are able to upload movies, songs, images, playlists, podcasts and more from iOS devices to computer. Windows version is also available. Download the free trial version of the software to have a try.
3 Ways to Download Canon PowerShot Videos to Mac
Way 1: Using a card reader to transfer pictures from Canon PowerShot to Mac
1. Remove the memory card from your Canon PowerShot and insert it into a card reader.
2. Connect the card reader to your Mac and there will be card reader icon appears on the Mac desktop. Just double-click on the reader icon to view all the contents in the card.
3. Find the folder named "DCIM", double-click on it then you can see the pictures are displayed here orderly.
4. Select the photos you can to copy to the Mac and drag them to the desktop directly.
Way 2. Using iPhoto to upload videos from Canon PowerShot to Mac
1. Turn off your Canon PowerShot and plug it into Your Mac;
2. Launch the iPhoto from the Mac;
3. Turn on your Canon camera and you'll see a dialogue box appears on your computer to download your photos and videos from Canon PowerShot to Mac.
Way 3: Using included software to download Canon PowerShot videos to Mac
"I have had Canon PowerShot A75 digital camera for years and I took videos on it but they just sit on there because I have no idea how to get them onto my Mac computer. I usually just let iPhoto fetch the pictures but it has nothing to do with the video apparently. Any ideal? Thanks!"
If this is the case, you have to use the original software that havs come with the camera to help you upload videos from Canon PowerShot to Mac.
Step one: Find the software bundle included on the CD-ROM that came with the PowerShot camera and install it on your Mac to get ready.
Step two: Turn on the PowerShot and link it to the Mac by the USB cable. You'll see the Camera Control Window pop-up on the Mac. If not, you can click the Camera Window icon in the Dock.
Step three: Have you seen the "Start to Download Videos" button? Just hit on it to save videos from Canon PowerShot to Mac. Alternatively, you can click the option of "Lets You Select and Download Videos" to preview the videos in advance.