How to Edit Samsung Contacts on Computer Rather than on Phone?
It is well known that a mobile phone plays an essential part in human communication. We saved hundreds of contacts of our friends in the phone and each time we need to contact someone, we just need to find out his phone number from the contacts. But what you do when your friends change their office or personal numbers? When they move to a new place, or create a new email account, the contact information will be different and should be modified. Other times when you need to add more detailed information, you should edit the contact list. As you meet new people, you will add them to your phone contacts. Or at times you need to delete some of the data which’s no longer useful.
It is time-consuming and inconvenient to modify the contact information on the phone because you have to edit them one by one. Luckily, all of the operations can be performed on a PC in lieu of the device now because you will have the iPubsoft Android Desktop Manager (for Windows 8/7/XP/Vista) or Android Desktop Manager for Mac (for Mac OS X 10.9 or later), which is able to help export contacts from Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/S2/S or Samsung Note 3/2/1 to PC or Mac computer and save as editable TXT format. After that, you can freely edit the exported Samsung phone's contacts on computer in a batch, without any difficulty.
More features about the Samsung Contacts Editor:
- One-click to backup data from Android devices to PC with 100% quality kept.
- Restore all the Android contacts, videos, music, photos, SMS and more from computer.
- Push music, photos and videos easily from computer to your phone.
- Send text messages from computer to any phone number.
- Supports all Android phones, tablets and other devices running Android operating system.
If you're always on the go and have little time to manage your phone data, hand it to Coolmuster Android Assistant, as it saves you trouble by perfectly managing them for you! Download it to have a try:
Guide on Editing/Modifying Contacts on Computer for Samsung Galaxy/Note
Step 1: Connect your Samsung phone to the computer
Download and install the contacts editing software on your computer. Double click on the shortcut icon from the desktop to launch it and you will get an interface asking you to connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable. Just link your phone to the computer and once the connection is successful, you will get the interface like below. The model, state, system version, storage and more information of your phone will be shown in the main interface.
Note: If it is the first time to run this software, you need to enable USB debugging on your phone. If you did it before, you can skip to the next step.
(1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
(2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
(3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
Once the USB debugging is enabled, click "Allow" on your phone to allow the program super user authorization when an Superuser Request pops up.
Step 2: Select and export contacts selectively
All files in your Samsung phone will be displayed in clear categories on the top menu. You can select the Contacts tab and choose "All Contacts" from the left panel. Preview all the contacts saved in your phone on the right window and then click the button of "Backup" to export them to your computer instantly.
Step 3: Start to edit the exported contacts
After the transferring, all the selected Samsung contacts are saved in the specific output location in editable TXT format. You can view them and begin your editing immediately.